DEL partnered with the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) to create a clear educational pathway for current and potential early learning professionals.
Currently, 29 community colleges in Washington offer stackable certificates in Early Childhood Education (ECE). These certificates are “stackable” in that they build off one another in a sequential manner and deepen levels of applied learning along the way. Courses at participating colleges have the same titles, numbers, descriptions and student outcomes. All courses are aligned with the Washington State Core Competencies for Early Care and Education Professionals.
Learn more about ECE stackable certificates.
Financial Assistance for Early Learning Professionals
- Learn about scholarship opportunities that are available as you pursue your ECE stackable certificate.
- Learn about other types of financial support for early learning professionals.
Information for Family and Consumer Science Teachers
- K-12 Educator MERIT Help Sheet
- MERIT Registration Information
- Creating Child Care Basics class in MERIT
- DEL requirements for practicum students
- Read about the background and development of Washington's stackable ECE certificates.
- Read about alignment of Washington State Core Competencies for Early Care and Education Professionals and the NAEYC Standards for Early Childhood Professional Preparation Programs.
- Visit the Early Childhood Career Planning Portal to search for an ECE Stackable Certificate program near you.