If you care for and teach young children professionally or you’re interested in a career working with children and families, Washington’s professional development system can help you:
- Learn what you need to know and be able to do when caring for children.
- Manage your training and education record.
- Find opportunities for training and education.
- Find resources and financial support for your professional development.
Your Tools and Resources
Learn about MERIT
MERIT is an online tool that can help you:
- Keep track of your education and training experience.
- Find training opportunities by state-approved trainers.
- Share your qualifications with current and future employers.
Professional Development Achievement AwardsNEW!
We’ve retired the Career Lattice: Now, you can submit your education for verification and apply for an achievement award in one easy application.
Learn more >
Answers to Top Questions
- Related Information
- Professional Development Achievement Awards
- Child care licensing rules
- Early Achievers, Washington's quality rating and improvement system
- Top Downloads
- 2013 Work Force Report
- ECE Core Competencies
- School Age Core Competencies
- Early Learning Guidelines