Several state child care subsidy programs help eligible families with children pay child care costs. The most common is the Working Connections Child Care program which helps families who are working and have incomes at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level. Other programs include the help for families who are homeless or seasonal workers, or through specific Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) programs.
The first step is for the family to contact DSHS to see if they qualify for subsidies, using the Community Services Office website or by calling toll-free 1.877.501.2233. Click for a WCCC brochure for families.
Subsidy Billing Guides
DEL's child care subsidy billing guides explain how child care providers can properly bill DSHS for child care services and how subsidized child care is authorized for eligible families.
- Subsidy billing training schedule and locations
- Subsidy billing - Frequently Asked Questions
- Licensed Child Care Centers Subsidy Guide
- Licensed Child Care Centers Subsidy Guide - Spanish
- Licensed Family Home Child Care Providers Subsidy Guide
- Licensed Family Home Child Care Providers Subsidy Guide - Spanish
- Family, Friends and Neighbors Subsidy Guide
- Family, Friends and Neighbors Subsidy Guide - Spanish
WCCC Provider Line
Providers may contact the WCCC Provider Line to:
Check the status of a WCCC application or review
Check payment authorization or billing, such as, hours of care, units or payment type
- Provide information about your rates
- Report a mistake on a current authorization
Contact the Provider Line:
Telephone: 1-800-394-4571 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Language assistance is available.
Email: email@example.com Send DSHS information or questions 24 hours a day about WCCC child care. The average response time is one business day.
- Fax, 1-888-338-7410
Working Connections Information Phone (WCIP) for Child Care Providers 1-866-218-3244
Use this number to check on the family’s authorization, copayment, case status and effective dates of coverage.
- Information is only available after the case has been processed.
- If the parent’s eligibility has not been determined, the information will not be available on the WCIP.
Invoice Express 1-888-461-8855
Use this number to submit your SSPS Service Invoice for child care payment using a touch tone phone.
Invoice Express is available in English and Spanish.
WCCC Answer Phone for Families 1-877-980-9220
Families use this number to check on the status of their cases.
You can encourage families to call and check on the status of their cases.
SEIU 925 Member Support Department 1-877-734-8673
Use this number if you have questions about your SEIU contract, SEIU meetings and workshops, or representation in your area, or if you need other resources.
If you have questions about SEIU health care, please call 1-866-771-7359.
Child Care Provider Grievance Line 1-888-270-0613
Use this number to discuss issues related to the CBA, except for overpayments.
When you call the grievance line, please be prepared to provide your full name, your provider number and details of your situation.