Beginning July 1, 2018, licensed child care providers who participate in the Working Connections and Seasonal Child Care programs will be required to use an electronic attendance system to track attendance of the children in their program who receive subsidized care. DEL launched a system on March 1 that providers may use free of charge. As of April 12, DEL had approved 18 other systems that providers could choose to use instead of DEL's system. Use of an electronic attendance system is expected to streamline provider attendance tracking and improve recordkeeping and retention for child care providers. DEL expects benefits, too, in the form of fewer improper provider payments and better tracking of children who particpate in the program.
On April 18, 2018, DEL filed with the Code Reviser proposed new WAC 170-290-0126 to require use of DEL's or a DEL-approved electronic attendance system for WCCC or SCC payment. The proposed rule also establishes attendance tracking requirements that other systems must comply with in order to be approved for use. DEL will accept comments on the proposed rule through May 23, 2018.
- Proposed rules
- Small business economic impact statement
- Notice of hearing [CR-102]
- Preproposal statement of inquiry
How to comment on the Subject of possible rulemaking:
- Online: DEL Rules Comment webpage. Click “Add Comment” to give your input, or “View Comments" to read what others have said.
- Attend the 3:00 PM hearing on May 22, 2018. Hearing location: 1110 Jefferson Street S.E., Rm 130, Olympia, Washington.
- Email the DEL Rules Coordinator
- By postal mail:
Attn: Rules Coordinator
Washington State Department of Early Learning
PO Box 40970
Olympia, WA 98504-0970
Interested in learning more about DEL rules? Receive information about current rules, draft rules and notices of rule changes: