On February 4, 2013 DEL filed a preproposal statement of inquiry (WSR 13-04-074) to create regulations for the Early Support for Infants and Toddlers (ESIT) program. The draft rules are intended to clarify important operating considerations for this program in connection with the Current Operating Policies and Procedures that are approved by the federal Office of Special Education Programs.
After community meetings in 2013 and 2014, ESIT did extensive language drafting with national and department experts in 2014 and 2015. ESIT is now ready to proceed with the informal and formal rule making processes timeline. This posting begins an informal comment process which includes a webinar on August 29, 2016.
On November 22, 2016, DEL will conduct a hearing to receive public comment on the proposed rules. Interested parties may participate in the hearing or submit written comments using any of the methods explained below. Comments must be received on or before November 22, 2016.
Department of Early Learning
1110 Jefferson Street, S.E., Room 203
Final rules were adopted December 2, 2016 and filed with the Code Reviser. The new rules take effect January 2, 2017.
- WSR 16-24-059 Order & Final Rules
- Concise Explanatory Statement (Comments on proposed rules and responses)
- WSR 16-21-100 Hearing Notice & Proposed Rules
- WSR 13-04-074 Rulemaking Preposal
- Current Operating Policies and Procedures
- ESIT Rulemmaking Timeline
- Sign up for the webinar on ESIT WAC Information
How to comment on the proposed ESIT rules:
- Online: DEL Rules Comment webpage. Click “Add Comment” to give your input, or “View Comments" to read what others have said.
- Email the DEL Rules Coordinator
- By postal mail:
Attn: Rules Coordinator
Washington State Department of Early Learning
PO Box 40970
Olympia, WA 98504-0970
How to comment on the ESIT System Plan:
These proposed rules are just one element of the draft plan in response to SB 5879, which clarified DEL's oversight responsibility for the ESIT program. If you have comments on the ESIT system plan, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more about DEL rules? Receive information about current rules, draft rules and notices of rule changes: