Alert: Beginning July 1, 2018, the Department of Early Learning will become the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF). After June 30, 2018, this website will no longer be updated. For the latest information on early learning, visit the DCYF website at

Subsidy Information for Providers


Printer-friendly version

Several state child care subsidy programs help eligible families with children pay child care costs. The most common is the Working Connections Child Care program which helps families who are working and have incomes at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level. Another program helps families who are seasonal workers and there are additional programs available through the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)


The first step is for the family to contact DSHS to see if they qualify for subsidies, using the Community Services Office website or by calling toll-free 1.877.501.2233. Click for a WCCC brochure for families

Electronic Attendance System for Child Care

A project is underway to purchase and distribute an electronic attendance system for family home and child care center providers that is simple, easy to use, and reduces billing inaccuracies. To learn more, click HERE


Subsidy Billing Information


Subsidy Billing Guides 

DEL's child care subsidy billing guides explain how child care providers can properly bill DSHS for child care services and how subsidized child care is authorized for eligible families. 


Licensed Child Care Centers Subsidy Guide 

Licensed Family Home Child Care Provider Subsidy Guide

Family Friends and Neighbor (FFN) Subsidy Guide

WCCC Provider Line

Providers may contact the WCCC Provider Line to:

  • Check the status of a WCCC application or review

  • Check payment authorization or billing, such as, hours of care, units or payment type

  • Provide information about your rates
  • Report a mistake on a current authorization

Contact the Provider Line:

  1. Telephone: 1-800-394-4571 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Language assistance is available.

  2. Email: Send DSHS information or questions 24 hours a day about WCCC child care. The average response time is one business day.

  3. Fax, 1-888-338-7410

Working Connections Information Phone (WCIP) for Child Care Providers 1-866-218-3244

This information is available in both English and Spanish. Automated access is available 24 hours a day.

  • Use this number to check on the family’s authorization, copayment, case status and effective dates of coverage.

  • Information is only available after the case has been processed.
  • If the parent’s eligibility has not been determined, the information will not be available on the WCIP.

Invoice Express 1-888-461-8855

  • Use this number to submit your SSPS Service Invoice for child care payment using a touch tone phone.

  • Invoice Express is available in English and Spanish.

WCCC Answer Phone for Families 1-877-980-9220

  • Families use this number to check on the status of their cases.

  • You can encourage families to call and check on the status of their cases.

SEIU 925 Member Support Department 1-877-734-8673

  • Use this number if you have questions about your SEIU contract, SEIU meetings and workshops, or representation in your area, or if you need other resources.

  • If you have questions about SEIU health care, please call 1-866-771-7359.

Child Care Provider Grievance Line 1-888-270-0613

  • Use this number to discuss issues related to the CBA, except for overpayments.

  • When you call the grievance line, please be prepared to provide your full name, your provider number and details of your situation.

Child Care Food Program

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Child and Adult Care Food Program provides federal funds to serve nutritious meals and snacks. You may be eligible for the program when you are approved by DSHS to care for children in your own home. For more information about the program, contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction at 360-725-6200.

Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)

The Department of Social and Health Services has many programs to assist Washington families.

Child Care Subsidy Rules

The Department of Early Learning Washington Administrative Code for WCCC.