The Department of Early Learning (DEL) charges an annual fee to obtain or maintain a child care license. RCW 43.215.255 authorizes DEL to charge licensing fees and to set the fee amounts in rule. Fee increases must be approved by the Legislature before DEL may charge the new amount.
Fees are due:
- For new license applicants, when you submit a license application to DEL.
- For current licensees, each year by the anniversary date of your license.
- Fee amounts:
- Family home child care: $30 per year
- Child care centers and school-age center programs:
- $125 per year for the first 12 children, plus
- $12 per year for each child after the first 12, up to the maximum number of children the facility is licensed to care for (the "licensed capacity").
The DSHS Financial Services Administration (FSA) sends annual fee notices to licensees about 90 days before the annual license fee is due. If you did not receive an invoice, please contact your local DEL office before you mail a check. Without an invoice, FSA cannot determine where to apply your payment, and you may not be credited. DEL staff can give you the proper information to include with your payment.
Please mail your check and invoice to:
Financial Services Administration
PO Box 9501
Olympia, WA 98507-9501