The professional development training library connects early learning professionals to online training opportunities. Some of the links on this page belong to partner organizations and may require you to create an account with them.
Before you start using this training library:
- These classes are not offered for STARS credit unless indicated. If you would like to take an online class for STARS credit, please register at the DEL Training Portal.
- If you are an Early Achievers participant and are working on Level 2 trainings, please create an account on the Child Care Aware training website.
- If you are looking for STARS training, please search the MERIT training list.
- For more information about Early Achievers, click here.
- Be sure your computer or smart device has the latest version of the Flash player plugin. Chrome and Firefox browsers are preferable when using training modules on this site.
The training categories align with the Core Competencies for Early Care and Education Professionals content areas:
- Child Growth and Development
- Learning Environment and Curriculum
- Health, Safety and Nutrition
- Interactions with Children
- Professional Development and Leadership
Child Growth and Development
Brain Development and Executive Function
- Washington State Early Learning and Development Guidelines (Early Achievers Level 2 training - requires log-in)
- Washington State Early Learning and Development Guidelines
Learning Environment and Curriculum
Environment Rating Scales (ERS)
- Overview of ERS (Early Achievers Level 2 Training - requires log-in)
- Overview to the Environment Rating Scale (ERS) and Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS)
Health, Safety and Nutrition
Links for the Early Achievers Health online module:
- Early Achievers Health Online Module
- Access to Baby and Child Dentistry
- Ages and Stages Questionnaires: ASQ3
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Birth to 5: Watch Me Thrive
These four FREE online modules were developed by the University of Washington Center for Public Health Nutrition:
- Let’s Move! Child Care: Healthy Eating Online STARS Module
- Let’s Move! Child Care: Physical Activity Online STARS Module
- Media Aware Child Care Online STARS Module
- Let's Move! Breastfeeding Support (STARS credit)
Safe Sleep Training available now: *NEW*
- Create an account and log in by completing the registration information.
- Click on the Course Catalog which will take you to Annual Continuing Education Courses (STARS Classes).
- Use the drop down box to locate the Safe Sleep training and get started.
Resources for Safe Sleep Course:
- Crib rules: A Safer Generation of Cribs
- Play Yard Safety: Keep Your Baby Safe in a Play Yard
- Safe to Sleep Education Campaign: Safe to Sleep Public Education Campaign and Safe to Sleep Campaign Materials
- WACS referenced in the Safe Sleep course: