Child Care Aware Washington and its local agencies work to support licensed child care providers in a number of ways:
- By providing child care referrals to connect families seeking child care to caregivers and Family, Friends and Neighbor caregivers in their communities.
- By offering professional training, early learning resources and technical assistance to help providers start and/or run a successful child care business.
- By publishing informative monthly newsletters.
- By supplying onsite support and coaching to help providers meet licensing requirements and enhance the quality of care they provide.
- By making other resources available such as teaching tools, links to helpful websites, newsletters, lending libraries, community outreach and advocacy resources and tools.
In addition, Child Care Aware Washington supports the Washington Scholarships for Child Care Professionals, a statewide comprehensive program that supports child care providers who wish to enhance their education and professional skills in early childhood education by receiving formal training at community and technical colleges. For information about the program or to obtain a scholarship application, call the toll-free number 866.308.3224 or visit the website at www.childcarenet.org/providers/scholarships.