How to find a Head Start program near you
- Use the Head Start Locator
- Washington State Association of Head Start and ECEAP
- Head Start programs in Washington
- Contact Head Start knowledge and Information Management Services: 1-866-763-6481
How to Enroll
Contact the Head Start agency in your community to learn more and enroll your child.
Who is Eligible?
- Head Start: Children 3 through 5 years old, but not yet eligible for kindergarten
- Early Head Start: Pregnant mothers and children birth to age 3
- Families up to 130 percent of the federal poverty level.
Other risk factors: Up to 10 percent of Head Start children can be from families above the income limits, but are eligible due to other risk factors, including:
- Developmental disabilities or delays
- Living in foster care
- Involvement with child welfare system
- Family receives TANF