Child Care Subsidies for Other State Programs


Printer-friendly version

There are various state programs available through the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) that offer help to parents in paying for child care as part of the program. Those programs include:

DSHS Children's Administration:

  • Child Protective Services (CPS) child care is currently available to families served by Child Protective Services and is available through CPS social workers.
  • Child Welfare Services (CWS) child care may be approved as part of the case plan for families served by CWS and is available through the CWS social worker.
  • Child care is available to foster parents who are caring for a foster child while employed.

DSHS Division of Alcohol and Substance Abuse:

Child care is provided while parents are attending state- or county-funded alcohol or drug treatment. Parents must be attending an approved alcohol or drug treatment facility. Access to child care is through treatment facility staff.

DSHS Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR):

Child care subsidies are available for some individuals with disabilities who are eligible for vocational rehabilitation services and require child care to participate in vocational rehabilitation services or employment. DVR may pay for child care under certain conditions to help eligible individuals prepare for and get a job.

Visit for more information about the programs mentioned on this page.