Alert: Beginning July 1, 2018, the Department of Early Learning will become the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF). After June 30, 2018, this website will no longer be updated. For the latest information on early learning, visit the DCYF website at

Can I Get Help to Pay My FFN Provider?


Printer-friendly version

Some families qualify for help to pay their family, friend or neighbor (FFN) child care. This is called a subsidy. Caregivers can be paid by the state for caring for children of eligible families. Caregivers paid by the state are called "in-home/relative providers." Read more about subsidy information for providers.


The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) determines a family's eligibility for a child care subsidy, and approves the requested provider.  


To apply, contact your local DSHS Community Service Office or call 1.800.865.7801 to learn how to apply for services. For more information about eligible providers, see WAC 170-290-0130.