Early intervention services during the first three years can make a big difference in a child’s life. The Department of Early Learning's (DEL) Early Support for Infants and Toddlers (ESIT) program provides services to children birth to age 3 who have disabilities or developmental delays. Eligible infants and toddlers and their families are entitled to individualized, quality early intervention services in accordance with the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Part C.
Early intervention services are designed to enable young children to be active, independent and successful participants in a variety of settings—in their homes, in child care, in preschool programs and in their communities.
In Washington, referrals to early intervention services are provided through Local Lead Agencies. Family Resources Coordinators help families access the early intervention services their child may need. They also help families get a free developmental screening and suggest other community resources. Find the Primary Referral Contact and Local Lead Agency in your county.
DEL ESIT Contacts : Who to call at DEL with ESIT questions
Read More >
Read More >
NEW! DEL/ESIT Program's Annual State Application 2018
Public Notice: The Early Support for Infants and Toddlers program wishes to announce and invite public review and public written comment regarding the DEL/ESIT program’s Annual State Application Under Part C of the IDEA, as Amended in 2004, Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2018 funding. Please note that the puclic comment period is March 5 though April 5, 2018.
Read More >
State Interagency Coordinating Council (SICC) Meeting Information
- October 18, 2017 SICC DEL Power Point
- WA Hands & Voices Professional Outreach Power Point
- August 2,2017 SICC DEL Power Point
- SICC Encompass Presentation
- SICC Equity Activity Power Point
- SICC Personnel & Training Committee - February 2018 Minutes
- SICC Personnel & Training Committee - December 2017 Minutes
ESIT proposed plan in response to SB 5879
- NEW! ESIT System Re-Design Stakeholder Update (Recorded Webinar) 10-23-17
- NEW! ESIT System Re-Design Stakeholder Update (PDF Script) 10-23-17
- OSPI Clarification of New ESIT Rules
- ESIT System Design Power Point, January, 30, 2017
- Proposed Regions
- ESIT Final Plan, PDF
- BERK Cost Study, PDF
- 2011 Cost Study