Strengthening Families Washington works with local communities to increase program capacity to institute and expand the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework for all children.
Child Abuse Prevention Month
Each April, people across the country join together during National Child Abuse Prevention Month to raise awareness and promote ways we can strengthen families in our communities. Strengthening Families Washington is the state chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America, the nation’s leading organization working solely to prevent the abuse and neglect of our nation’s children.
We hope you will join us on April 7th for Go Blue Day! We encourage everyone to wear blue to show you support for all children and their right to a safe, healthy and supported childhood. For more information, click here.
Each year, we offer funding opportunities to community organizations whose work promotes the protective factors among families and communities. Please check back in Spring 2017 for new funding opportunities.
This year’s recipients include:
- Parent Trust for Washington Children, King County*
- Ukrainian Community Center of Washington, King County*
- Families Together for People with Disabilities, Whitman County*
- American Indian Community Center, Spokane*
- First Step Family Support Center, Clallam County
- Housing Hope, Snohomish County
- South Sound Parent to Parent, Thurston County
- Volunteers of America of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho, Spokane County
- The NW Network of Bisexual, Trans, Lesbian & Gay Survivors of Abuse, King County
- Postpartum Support International of Washington, King, Grays Harbor, Pierce and Yakima Counties
- San Juan Island Family Resource Center, San Juan County
*denotes first-year grantee.
For more information, or to participate in a Community Cafe, click here.