Home is where the heart is—and parents want a safe, healthy home for their children! There are easy ways to help make your home a safe place for your child to grow and thrive. Some safety tips:
Make sure cleaning products and other toxic materials are locked up safely.
- Check your smoke detectors regularly to ensure they're working.
- Keep doors to bathrooms and laundry rooms closed so young children don't wander in there.
- If you keep a gun in your home, keep it unloaded and locked away.
- Keep knives and other sharp objects out of reach of children.
- Plug outlet covers into unused electrical outlets.
- Make sure window blind cords are always out of children's reach.
To learn more about making your home a safe place for your children, visit Safe Kids Worldwide home safety tips.