The seasonal child care program pays child care subsidies to eligible seasonally employed agricultural families. The program’s purpose is to provide safe, licensed child care while parents work in agricultural settings.
Families can apply in person at their local DSHS office, by calling the DSHS Customer Service Call Center at 1.877.501.2233 or apply online through Washington Connection. You can also view the instructions for how to create an online account with Washington Connection.
Who is eligible?
Families qualify for seasonal child care when they:
- Live in one of the following counties: Adams, Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Franklin, Grant, Kittitas, Okanagon, Skagit, Walla Walla, Whatcom or Yakima
- Are employed in agricultural work
- Have income at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines
- Meet other eligibility requirements
The seasonal child care program can help pay for care in:
- Licensed or certified child care centers.
- Licensed or certified family child care homes.
If your family receives seasonal child care help and you have a child with special needs, you may qualify for a higher rate to help pay for your child’s care. For more information, please call the DSHS Call Center at 1.877.501.2233 to start the process.