The Homeless Child Care program offers short-term, free child care for some homeless families that are not eligible for another child care subsidy program.
Subsidies are provided so that children can attend licensed child care while adults in the family participate in activities to stabilize the family.
Who is eligible?
Families may be eligible if they:
- Do not have a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence
- Live in a shelter, car or park
- Live in transitional housing
- Live temporarily with family or friends
What must families be doing to qualify?
Qualifying activities include:
- Seeking permanent housing
- Seeking employment or involved in employment activity
- Attending appointments for any of the following:
- Medical or mental health
- Substance abuse
- Violence avoidance
- Legal help
- Accessing other social services or training such as ESL or GED classes
Homeless Child Care Materials and Contacts
- Homeless Child Care Brochure
- Homeless Child Care Brochure - Spanish
- Washington State Homeless Child Care Program Contact List