Washington’s professional development workforce registry, MERIT, allows early learning professionals, and those that support early learning professionals, to track education and training, share qualifications with current and future employers, complete a portable background check, and more.
Click on the links below to review step-by-step instructions on how to complete MERIT applications.
MERIT Support Guides for Early Learning Professionals
- How to register and apply for a STARS ID
- How to get your education verified and earn and education award
- How to get your education verified for foreign degrees
- How to register your facility in MERIT
- How to appeal a decision made regarding a MERIT application
- How to get reimbursed for State Approved Training
For more information, view the MERIT Frequently Asked Questions.
For further assistance, contact the professional development registry support team at MERIT@del.wa.gov or call 1.866.482.4325 option 5.