We are building a state-wide system of high-quality early learning, while ensuring that children’s care is reflective of the needs of Washington’s diverse families. Early Achievers:
- Connects families to early learning and care programs with the help of an easy-to-understand rating system.
- Offers coaching, professional development, and resources for providers to support each child’s learning and development.
The Early Start Act was signed into law July 6, 2015. This historic legislation invests into expanding high-quality early learning for Washington’s children and families, particularly in our
most diverse and vulnerable communities. For providers, the Early Start Act focuses on supporting high quality early learning services through Early Achievers and ensures that the providers,
especially those who serve low income families, receive all needed help and resources to sustain high quality programming. For more information, click:
Beginning August 1, 2016, licensed child care and early learning providers offering services to children and families accessing Working Connections Child Care subsidies must be
enrolled in Early Achievers to maintain subsidy authorization. Providers who participate in Early Achievers have access to other great benefits such as:
- Enhanced Working Connections Child Care (WCCC) subsidy reimbursement rates
- Outstanding support services, including individualized technical assistance and coaching
- Scholarships! Further your education and earn your certificate or degree in early learning
- Professional tools to help your early learning business thrive
- Professional development and training opportunities
Helpful tools to support you as you enroll:
New! Early Achievers Enrollment Incentive
Newly enrolled Early Achievers participants are eligible to receive a one-time $500 incentive to overcome barriers of achieving a Level 3 quality rating.
Click here to view the New Enrollment Incentive documents in Somali or Spanish.
There are many resources available to guide your participation. Follow this link to get started. Read More >
Resources are available to support Head Start and ECEAP participation in Early Achievers, Washington’s quality rating and improvement system.
Read More >
Early Achievers, Washington's quality rating and improvement system, helps parents and families evaluate how early learning programs are preparing children to succeed.
Read More >